All dates are in YY-MM-DD format.
- 02-09-06: At last time for some updates again. Only one game,
Quest For Mordor,
was added today but work has started on adding the upcoming
commercial games. Check back soon for more!
- 01-12-17: Just in time for the new movie the finding of a
prototype for the old Atari 2600 game The
Lord of the Rings, Journey to Rivendell was announced! This is
the grandest piece of news since Sierra bought the rights to make new
- 01-05-04: Created entries for
The Fellowship of the Rings
(the upcoming Sierra On-Line game),
The 4th Age: The Lost Rings
and the German game
EgoAdventure and updated the
- 00-07-30: Yes, it is finally time for another major update. The
following new games have been added:
The Hobbit and
The Hobbit: Vol I;
there is a new downloadable version of
The Hobbit (by Bryce Fitzsimons);
development has ceased for the freeware game
added new screen-shots to Belegost,
and Orcs: Revenge of the Ancient;
added new cover scans for Dungeon
Adventure and Kingdom O' Magic;
created pages with levels and scenarios for
Panzer General and
Heretic. And this is far from all
on my backlog. I will be back with more!
- 00-05-26: This site is yet far from dead, although I admit to
being more than usually behind with updates. Today, I corrected a number of
- 00-02-14: Added a link to two official home pages for
Kingdom O' Magic
and added links to reviews of
The Boggit and
Retarded Creatures and Caverns
(and I also bought a rose for my girlfriend).
- 00-01-09: There are now plans for an MS-DOS version of
Manic Miner: The Hobbit.
- 00-01-08: Added new games in a trilogy called
Mines of Moria; added a page about
Jet Set Willy: The Lord of the
Rings (which has now been released along with its companion
Manic Miner: The Hobbit);
added new pages with scenarios for
Warlords III and
Heroes of Might and Magic III;
corrected information about the MUD
Mirkwood and added cover images for
Orcs: Revenge of the Ancient,
Riders of Rohan,
The Lord of the Rings & The Two Towers
and Jewels of Darkness.
Happy New Year!
- 99-11-15: Corrected links and added a personal evaluation for Utumno.
- 99-09-28: Sierra has discontinued development of Orcs:
Revenge of the Ancient.
- 99-09-16: The author of Belegost
was actually Miroslav Fidler.
- 99-09-13: Added the Australian company that produced Ring
- 99-08-22: Updated the scheduled release dates of Orcs:
Revenge of the Ancient and Middle-earth.
- 99-08-05: There is now a downloadable C64 version of Bored
of the Rings.
- 99-08-02: Kingdom O' Magic was
apparently never released for neither Sony Playstation nor Sega Saturn, but
on the other hand it appears that the MS-DOS version was released in several
different languages, including French, Italian, Spanish and German.
- 99-07-29: The MUDs Return of the Shadow
and Akallabeth MUSH are officially
open; there was a BBC version of The
Hobbit with graphics; Kingdom O' Magic
was apparently never released for Macintosh and added three new Heroes
of Might and Magic II scenarios, Lord
of Rings, Tolkien's Realm
and War of the Ring!.
- 99-07-22: New version of The Trilogy;
made a link to a preview of the upcoming Orcs:
Revenge of the Ancient; Xconq
is no longer distributed with the Middle Earth module; added some trivia
and a link to Shadowfax and corrected
the release year of Fuddo and Slam.
- 99-07-01: Clean-up of old links is under-way; found out that Not
Lord of the Rings was made with Graphic Adventure Creator and
made an educated guess as to its year of origin.
- 99-06-15: At long last these pages have been updated. Among many
changes and improvements I have added the forthcoming game Orcs:
Revenge of the Ancient and the MUDs Mordor
and Akallabeth MUSH; updated information
about the MUDs Genesis, Endorian
Empires and The Lord of the Rings
MUSH II; added new information about the German version of Middle-earth
Play-By-Mail; translated the pages for German games
into German (with some help); added a link to a page with specifications for
the original data format of The Hobbit;
new beta version of Bryce Fitzsimon's The Hobbit;
Lord of the Rings for Microbee turned out not to be titled that at
all, but Ring of Doom (distributed
as Ödesringen in Sweden); found out the name of the author of Belegost;
corrected much information about the Eamon
games; made the long-since promised major update of the Warcraft
II page, including many new scenarios; updated the availability information
for Interplay's The Lord of the Rings
series; put up a scan of the manual cover of Riders
of Rohan and added a whole new page for my personal list of the
best Tolkien games. Also corrected many dead links and other minor clean-ups.
Changes before 99-06-15 have been moved to a page with old changes.
to the Tolkien computer games page