Personal contact information
Some of my hacks
...and, on the less serious side:
- A conferencing system developed by Lysator; I have written large
parts of the server and parts of several of the clients.
- An expect module written in pure Python.
- A modules replacement written entirely in C for better performance
and simpler installation.
- Fsh recycles ssh connections. This can speed up remote command
execution by a factor of 5 or more.
- If you use Maildir and Emacs, and want display-time to give an
indication in the mode-line when you have unread mail, this hack
is for you.
- MySQLmodule was maintained by Joerg Senekowitsch
<firstname.lastname@example.org>, who released version 1.4 in 1998. He is no
longer reachable at that address. The above patch makes it possible
to compile the module with Python 2.0 and MySQL 3.23.30-gamma.
However, you should probably use the newer MySQLdb
module instead. It is actively maintained.
- An X-event recorder that is a helpful tool if you want to design
your own qwerty replacement. I have come up with an interesting
keyboard layout called yudo.
- netscape-remote by Jamie Zawinsky can control a running Netscape.
I have made a GNU-style distribution of his code.
I have also started to compile a complete list of
hacks but as of this writing it is very incomplete.
- A virus checker for Unix. It detected all existing viruses I were
aware of that Unix systems were vulnerable to when I released it.
I work at Ingate Systems AB. We
create SIP-enabled firewalls with IPSec support.
I used to coordinate the efforts to type in the Swedish translation of
the Holy Bible from 1917, but I have
not done much on that project for the last year. I might start doing
things on this project in 1998. It is part of
Project Runeberg. I'm also experimenting with an incomplete list
of Ordförklaringar och sakupplysningar.
In 1995 I expected work on these projects to resume in 1996, and there
may still be time for that...
My private link farm is accessible,
but don't expect it to contain anything useful. It hasn't been
maintained for more than a year.
The quickest way to reach me is normally via the LysKOM server at
I'm not involved with LiU CA, but I
have a PGP-signed
fingerprint of the SwUPKI root CA (download).
One of these years I'm going to rewrite this page again.