LysKOMLysator's conferencing system.
LysKOM is a conferencing system, or a kind of electronic bulletin board system. It is one of the most important means of communcation within Lysator.
The LysKOM system is made up of a server and several clients. The most mature client is currently elispklienten.
- LysKOM concepts (in Swedish). If you can't read Swedish you might find the first few chapters of the Protocol A specification useful instead, since they cover the same material.
- LysKOM - history and technology (in Swedish).
- Bettans nybörjarintroduktion till LysKOM (emacslispklienten) (in Swedish).
- Att starta LysKOM - a guide to how to access the LysKOM system from different places (in Swedish).
- Att starta LysKOM. How to use the Emacs lisp client (in Swedish).
- Protocol A - a specification of the protocol used between the clients and the server (finally, a document in English!).
ClientsThere are several clients. Here is a short description of most of them.
- Emacslispklienten (in Swedish). The client itself can be configured to use English. This client runs inside Emacs.
- WinKOM, a client for Windows.
- The TTY client (in Swedish). This is a command-line oriented client. It attempts to closely mimic KOM v6, which was our inspiration when LysKOM was developed.
- Tkom, Nilkom och Kom++
- JySKom, a WWW-based client.
- gtKOM, en Gnome-klient
- WebKOM, a WWW-based client.
- #Kom, a client written in .Net
- jskom, a WWW-based client.