A renegade technomage stands in the way of a mining operation that could
save lives on Earth.
Scott Paetty as Lt. Meyers.
Mik Scriba as Barkeep.
Marshall Teague as Capt. Daniels.
Edward Woodward as Alwyn.
Production number: 107
Original air date: June 16, 1999
Written by J. Michael Straczynski
Directed by Mike Vejar
- Galen was taken in by Elric
("The Geometry of Shadows")
after Galen's father died. Elric died shortly after the technomages
reached their hiding place.
- Galen isn't the only technomage who disagrees with
the group's decision to go into hiding.
- What did Alwyn mean when he said darkness was coming?
- How many other technomages split off from the group and
are wandering around the universe?
- Could Alwyn really have destroyed ships in orbit?
Clearly Gideon's use of the Excalibur's main gun was the backup
plan advocated by Galen, so it's plausible that Alwyn's preparations
were little more than a light show in reality.
- Gideon referred to Alwyn as a technomage while speaking
to Captain Daniels; Daniels didn't seem surprised to hear the term.
How widespread is knowledge of the technomages?
- Alwyn was played by Edward Woodward, father of Peter
Woodward, who plays Galen.
- Marshall Teague is a longtime B5 actor; he guest-starred
as Nelson Drake in the very first hourlong episode filmed,
and later played Ta'Lon, the Narn who eventually succeeded G'Kar
as ambassador to B5.