As some longtime residents prepare to leave the station, the crew races
to stop an assassin.
Denise Gentile as Lise.
Marjorie Monaghan as Number One.
P5 Rating: 8.62
Production number: 521
Original air date: November 11, 1998 (US)
Written by J. Michael Straczynski
Story by J. Michael Straczynski and Harlan Ellison
Directed by Jesus Treviño
- Number One
whose real name is Tessa Holloran, joined the Mars
government after Mars gained independence from Earth. She is now the
head of security for the Interstellar Alliance, replacing Garibaldi.
- After Mars' independence day, corporations which had
been exploiting Mars rushed to cover their tracks. The Martian
government has been going to great lengths to track down the dirty
secrets of Earth-based corporations. Earth, meanwhile, has been
making it very difficult for the new Martian government to conduct
its business, throwing up bureaucratic roadblocks at every opportunity.
- Sheridan has offered to set up a fund for Mars that's
independent of any Earth influence.
- Garibaldi replaced the entire board of Edgars Industries
after they sent an assassin to kill him and Lise, and has set up an
account that will pay a 500,000-credit reward for the board's death
should anything happen to him or to Lise.
- Garibaldi and Lise are now married and have left for
- Lyta and G'Kar have left the station to travel among the
stars in an explorer ship G'Kar purchased.
- What was the delayed-delivery message G'Kar left?
- Was Delenn's visit to Minbar successful in securing an
agreement to construct more White Star-class warships?
("Movements of Fire and Shadow")
- The opening credits say "Story by Harlan Ellison and
JMS" and "Teleplay by JMS." What's a teleplay?
There are two parts of writing an episode: the basic storyline,
sometimes presented as an outline, and then the actual script which is
a more specific elaboration on that story. Story is, "King John and
Queen Mary live in the castle and they have a hard night between them."
EXT. CASTLE - NIGHT
We see the banners unfurling in the breeze, and go to
INT. CASTLE - NIGHT
KING JOHN and QUEEN MARY are in bed. He's awake, she's sleeping. He looks up
at the ceiling.
Why me? Of all the gin joints and
castles in England, why did she have
to step into mine?
- Who wrote the scenes concerning G'Kar's
admirer? JMS or Harlan?
The general notion of the thread came up between us. The actual scenes
were written by me.
- Before Lyta left, she looked behind her.
Did she know Zach was there, or was she just hoping someone
would be there?
She was hoping somebody would be there.