qt - a QuickTime player for the Amiga
qt is a QuickTime player i wrote for my A4000 because I wanted something
for my new 68060 to chew on. I then added CyberGraphX capabilities to give
my new CyberVision64 something to chew on. Then I released it, and people
started using it. Which of course prompted people to start nagging about
features they wanted added. Some of these I have implemented, and today
the status of qt is something like this:
- System requirements
- 68020 CPU or better, AmigaOS 2.0 or better.
- Supported animation formats
- RLE, Cinepak, Road Pizza, JPEG, SMC
- Supported sound formats
- RAW, TWOS, IMA4, MAC3, MAC6
The latest avaiable version is qt2.0. You can get it from:
The AmigaGuide documentation is available online.
I realize this is kind of silly as you won't be able to see anything move
or hear any sound, but nevertheless I've prepared
a screenshot of qt playing a movie on a
Workbench screen for you...
News flash!!! qt 2.0 has now been submitted to AmiNet.
It is available in the gfx/show drawer of AmiNet as you read this.
Check out the final specifications and a nice
screenshot on the qt 2.0 page.
Links to other places
Here is are some links to sites where animations playable with qt can be
Dot Warner image is © Warner Brothers and used without permission
- The Quicktime Archive
- QuickTimes galore.
- Lots of clips from Disney movies available.
- Clips from WB movies available.
- An Online Video Magazine from Protozoa Inc.
- Anime QuickTimes at Berkeley.
- Apple QuickTime Samples
- Many links at Apple's QuickTime site.
Last modified: Thu Aug 24 18:57:51 MET DST 2000