gnugoclient - connecting GNU Go and other GTP engines to NNGS and
compatible go servers
Gnugoclient is a program that can be used to connect GNU Go to NNGS and compatible go servers. It
can also be used with other go programs implementing GTP . Gnugoclient is
free software, distributed under the terms of GPL, the GNU General
public license. Author is Gunnar Farnebäck.
Version 3.0 was released on September 13, 2004.
News from version 2.0:
- GTP version 2 compliant. GTP version 1 support remains but is
deprecated and untested.
- Simplified configuration.
- Support for connecting to GTP engines both over pipes and TCP/IP.
- Automatic level adjustment removed. Time information is now sent
with GTP commands, leaving level adjustment to the engines.
- Works with GNU Go 2.7.245 and later and other GTP compliant
- Specific support for the Gifu 2004 tournament.
README for version 3.0.
Bugfix for windows engines
Due to an embarrassing bug gnugoclient 3.0 doesn't work correctly for
engines running on windows. It's easily fixed, however, just change
line 126 of Gtp.pike to:
string s = f->gets() - "\r";