Subject: Review: X-Files (1998)

From: [email-masked] (UOBared)
Date: 7 Jul 1998 04:52:40 GMT

I am not going to give away any plot details so this review, won't give
anything away, read on.

This movie strives for what every big TV drama wants.  To become a box-office
hit and still remain a ratings monster on TV.  The X-Files may be the first to
accomplish this.  

Chris Carter wanted to please fans, but also attract new fans to the X-Files. 
He almost succedes.  I am a long time viewer, and I was a little dissapointed,
as they don't reveal some answers to plots I was hoping for.  I won't tell you
which though.  The new fans won't be dissapointed.  Carter introduces each
character perfectly, and it doesn't annoy regular viewers.  

As for content, it doesn't get better.  Compare this Sci Fi movie, to others
and you can see the quality.  Mulder says this in a...interesting way.  This is
one of the best Sc-Fi films out.

Where it does come short is in the fact that it strives to much to be like the
TV show.  This movie is just too long for that.  1 and a half hours through it
I was ready for it to end, but it kept going and going and going.  This is
probably its only problem.

Overall this is a great movie, one which noone should miss.

Rating (scale of 1-5): 4.5
~Bared, Aprentice Tailor, Member of COR, Baja Shard