Subject: REVIEW: STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (SPECIAL EDITION) (1997)

From: [email-masked] (David Wilcock)
Date: 22 Apr 1997 15:15:02 GMT

STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (SPECIAL EDITION)
                       A film review by David Wilcock
                        Copyright 1997 David Wilcock

A sci-fi/adventure starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter
Cushing,Harrison Ford and Alec Guiness

A TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX PICTURE

Well, what can I say about this film? It's, Star Wars, isn't it? And
everyone knows that Star Wars. But, in this speacil edition, the sound
has been beefed up (the ships really do swoop around you, and the
atmosphere in the Death Star is now much better) Also, there has been
added extra footage, including a conversation between Han Solo (Ford)
and Jabba the Hut (which looks really good)

Everyone knows the plot by now. Hamill, Guiness, Fisher and Ford (plus
his wookie friend Chewbacca, and the droids C3PO and R2D2) all help the
rebels the destroy the empires (led by Cushing, and Darth Vadar who is
voiced by James Earl Jones and David Prowse) evil plan, which is
blowing the rebels up with the Death Star. This has to be one of the
simplest plots ever, and thats what makes the film fun, the fact that
you don't think about whats going on, you just enjoy yourself.

Basically, this has to be one of the best space adventures out there.
The bad guys are really bad, the good guys do really good guy things
(all stick for each other, etc) and C3PO and R2D2 have to be one of the
greatest comedy pairings ever. And with the new THX and digital sound,
and the added footage, it is even better.

So, overall then, I would recommended this film to anyone over the age of 3.
See it!

RATING=***** out of *****

REVIEW BY DAVID WILCOCK
===============================
DAVID WILCOCK
EMAIL:[email-masked]