Subject: REVIEW: RETURN OF THE JEDI (SPECIAL EDITION) (1997)

From: [email-masked] (David Wilcock)
Date: 3 Jun 1997 16:37:43 GMT

RETURN OF THE JEDI (SPECIAL EDITION)
                       A film review by David Wilcock
                        Copyright 1997 David Wilcock

STARRING MARK HAMILL, CARRIE FISHER, HARRISON FORD, JAMES EARL JONES,
FRANK OZ, BILLY DEE WILLIAMS
DIRECTED BY RICHARD MARQUAND
A LUCASFILM PICTURE

And so we come to the final part of the Star Wars trilogy. Many people
consider this to be the least of the trilogy, but I find this one just
as entertaining as the other two. The start of the film, in Jabbas
palace, is good, and right through to the end, the film is highly
enjoyable. The film seems to centre more on action scenes than actual
plot and character relationships, but this dosen't affect it one bit.
The director handles the action and plot revelations very well, John
Williams booming score goes with the film very well, and the special
effects are excellent. OK, so Marquand may spend a bit more time than
needed than the Ewoks, but he makes up with the storming of the shield
generator by the Empire, and the battle that follows in space.

So, I find this film to be entertaining, hugely enjoyable fun, and a
fitting end to the trilogy. If there was a bit less Ewoks, and maybe
some Empire scenes (the bad guys hardly feature in this film except at
the end) this would be perfect. However, it is great as it is! Highly
recommended.

OVERALL=****1/2 

===============================
DAVID WILCOCK
EMAIL:[email-masked]
WILCOCK MOVIE PAGE: http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/9061