Subject: REVIEW: MARS ATTACKS! (1997)

From: [email-masked] (David Wilcock)
Date: 22 Apr 1997 15:18:36 GMT

MARS ATTACKS!
                       A film review by David Wilcock
                        Copyright 1997 David Wilcock

A sci fi/comedy starring Jack Nicholson, Pierce Brosnan, Annette Benning,
Glenn Close, Martin Short and other stars.

A WARNER BROS PICTURE

The martians have landed in this hillarous Tim Burton movie. Before
entering the cinema, I was initially a little bit nervous about what
this film would be like. Many people were saying that this film was
silly rubbish, and there was no point to it all. How wrong they were. I
left this film feeling much happier than I was before I entered the
cinema.

The story is about Martians attacking Earth. Using ray guns (hooray!)
they generally cause havoc around the U.S and other countries.
Nicholson plays the president who must try to stop invasion, and also
taking advice from his loopy officials.

But, basically, its a load of set pieces showing the Martians
destroying Earth. The way people are killed by the ray guns is great,
they is a hillarous (and mildly disturbing scene) involving a Martian
lady, a mad general who just wants to nuke the aliens away, (and ends
up getting squashed by an aliens foot) and a gory finale involving lots
of alien heads exploding.

But, most of all, this film is fun. The Martians are full of character,
the performances are spot on, and the all star cast help make the film
more enjoyable. The film is a million times better then the dire
INDEPENDANCE DAY, and is a real tribute to the tacky '50s invasion
movies.  They are is a great score by Danny Elfman, and lots of laughs.
This has to be the best invasion I've seen for a long time.

RATING=**** out of *****

REVIEW BY DAVID WILCOCK
===============================
DAVID WILCOCK
EMAIL:[email-masked]