Subject: Review: Lost In Space (1998)

From: Jason Overbeck <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Apr 1998 23:51:13 GMT

LOST IN SPACE
1/2 of **** grade is F

I never saw the TV show LOST IN SPACE and from what I hear I didn't miss
much.  I was quite impressed with the cast list as the film began,
images of them in other much better films race through my head.  To say
that this is a dumb action film is too kind to this utterly worthless
trash.  This is one of the years worst films.

The plot is just an excuse for a series of heartless and mindless effect
shots, notice I didn't say 'special' because nothing in this film is. 
The actors run looking bored and probably having paychecks on the mind. 
What are these actors doing in this film?! William Hurt the talented
star of Broadcast News, Heather Graham of Drugstore Cowboy and Boogie
Nights, Gary Oldman from Sid And Nancy plus Professional, these are
talented actors.  

There is no point in describing the plot because the film hardly
bothers.  This is a film about Family, pilot and badguy stuck in space
and a bunch of effects.  Watching this reminded me of last years
STARSHIP TROOPERS or this years Dark City, which not many saw, and how a
film with inteligence and/or imagination can make a fun and great
film.