Subject: CHILDREN'S REVIEW: JUDGE DREDD

From: [email-masked] (John Lyons)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 19:44:51 GMT

JUDGE DREDD
			      [Spoilers]
		         A film review by Owen
			  Copyright 1995 Owen

[Note: this review is from a 12-year-old's perspective.  -Moderator]

A WORD FROM THE O-BOY

     I saw JUDGE DREDD and it didn't suck.  No, really, it was about
how in the Third Millennium people realized police couldn't do crap so
they got ripped brain-stems and made them judge, jury, and
executioner.  So they train this one dude who worships the law and
blows away baddies and announces, "I yam da laaaaaaaaaaawwwww!" People
get peeved at his "law" and he has to take course in ethics then is
suspected of killing the head of the judges, is found guilty and
sentenced to life in prison.

     In the ship taking him to prison he meets someone he sentenced and
Christian rednecks blow up all but one portion of ship and capture Dredd
and his little friend.  The friend claims he's a believer, and it turns
out the rednecks are cannibals.  Dredd kills all but the stupid, ugly
cyborg who kills the Chief Justice who tells Dredd he was a experiment
and had a evil brother who killed the head.  Dredd-2 makes a zillion
clones who are mysteriously sucked out of the plot.  Dredd beats the
crap outta Dredd-2.  Dredd is assigned to head (headredd, har, har.)
refuses, kisses lawyer, movie credits.  R for violence, 8 for cliches (2
cliches within movie.)

--
Owen.