Subject: REVIEW: BATMAN AND ROBIN (1997)

From: [email-masked] (Tim Voon)
Date: 26 Jun 1997 16:33:02 GMT

BATMAN AND ROBIN
                       A film review by Tim Voon
                        Copyright 1997 Tim Voon

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Clooney, Chris O'Donnell, Uma
Thurman, Alicia Silverstone, Elle Macpherson. Written by: Akiva
Goldsman. Directed by: Joel Schumacher.

The Batty bunch is back! With what is undoubtedly, the 'Cape Crusaders'
corniest and most comic outing.

Every line is a punch line with more misses than hits.

Batman (Clooney), 'I love you old man', shows a more sensitive side to
him; Robin (McDonald), 'I want my own car, the chics love it', also
wants a Gotham emergency signal of his own; Alfred, 'I love you too', is
dying of McGregors syndrome; and Batgirl (Silverstone), 'I love you
Uncle Alfred', joins the gang to battle the villains - the fertile 'my
garden needs tending' Poison Ivy (Thurman), and 'I love my wife' Mr
Freeze (Schwarzenegger).

Gosh there's a lot of LOVE going around! I almost thought they would
break out in a chorus at the end.

All this and more in a day of the life of Bruce Wayne.

Plenty of kiddy fun to hate or appreciate. With a splashy, action packed
opening sequence, which lapses in the middle of the movie, before
picking up again towards the end.

Comment: One happy, loving, batty family which is best appreciated in
the grave.

Timothy Voon
e-mail: [email-masked]