Subject: REVIEW: BATMAN AND ROBIN (1997)

From: [email-masked] (David Wilcock)
Date: 30 Jun 1997 23:57:05 GMT

BATMAN AND ROBIN
                       A film review by David Wilcock
                        Copyright 1997 David Wilcock
       
Starring Arnold Schwarnegger, George Cloony, Chris O'Donnel, Uma
Thurman and Alicia Silverstone. Also starring Michael Gough as Alfred

A Warner Brothers Release

Here's another summer blockbuster, which, although being a terrible
film, is bound to make a lot of money.  However, although there have
been many bad reviews about this film, I found it to be quite
enjoyable. Sure, the script is awful, and the one liners cringe worthy,
but I found it quite exciting. The action scenes are directed well by
Joel Schumacher, who seems quite content at pointing the camera at the
action, with the odd swooping camera shots. Clooney does a good Batman
(better than Val Kilmer, although he grins way too much) and Gough
plays the ill Alfred well. I was pleased that the story centered more
on Alfred, as he seemed to be generally ignored in the last three
films, with him just saying 'Good Luck' or helping out a bit.  The film
has it's bad points though. One of the major ones is that the bad guys
just aren't evil enough! They've softened Mr. Freeze (Arnold) so he
dosen't even really seem like a bad guy at the end of the film. Also,
Uma Thurman gives a good performance as Poison Ivy, but again, she's
not terrible evil. Also, the music surrounding her, to tell the
audience that she is 'sexy' is not necessary.  The only evil person in
the film was Ivy's sidekick, Bane, who was brilliant!

Overall then, although not a brilliantly written and acted film, I
found this film enjoyable.

Overall Rating=*** out of ***** 

Review By David Wilcock 

===============================
DAVID WILCOCK
[email-masked]