Subject: Review of X-Files:Goblins

From: [email-masked] (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 02:58:05 GMT

ReviewX
				  by
				Ray Tate

	Well, I'm back, and you're probably wondering what happened to
my reviews--Darkreviews and Who-Reviews.  It's what you might have
expected.  I was abducted by aliens and forced to donate Y chromosomes
to the long-legged, red-headed Amazon population of Q'ogon-za.  I'm
still not done--exhausting job, but what gives me the right to condemn
a sentience to extinction?  Seriously, though.  Alien abductions,
werewolves and elongated serial killers, these are some of my favorite
things The X-Files" which is now a series of original novels by Charles
Grant.

	You can pick up this book anywhere.  I bought mine at the local
Rite-Aid, but I hesitated.  I read Mr. Grant's Oxrun Station series and
was disappointed.  I've tried reading his Kent Montana novels, but I
don't get the joke.  So, here was an original adventure starring my
favorite FBI agents, and who wrote the thing? Charles Grant.

	Mr. Grant, if you have access to the Usenet, I'm sorry I called
you an author of all atmosphere and little action.  I'm sorry I ever
questioned your skills at characterization, and thank you very much for
X-Files: Goblins.  Please, write more.

	Mr. Grant has hacked off 277 pages of pleasure.  He builds
tension using few words, and his characterization of Mulder and Scully
is damn near perfect, adding to what is gleaned from the show.  Back-up
characters are given three dimensions, and the mystery behind GOBLINS
is logical.  If you pay attention, you can solve the murders.
Terrific.  Mr. Grant isn't just a great horror writer, he's an
excellent mystery writer.  I'm choking on crow feathers.  What next a
decent Batman novel from overrated Stephen King?

	By the by, you may have noticed this review series' awkward
title.  Why not for instance call them "X-reviews?" Uh-huh.  After the
wonderful flames--never welcome though I accept serious compliments and
criticism--I received over entitling my "Who-reviews" "Whoreviews," I
decided to keep the pervs (Myself a card carrying member since 1983) in
their cages.  Again "Whoreviews" was an innocent mistake.  I'm paranoid
now.  So, it won't happen again.  "The truth is out there." "Trust no
one."

%A Charles Grant  	
%T X-Files: Goblins
%I HarperPrism
%C New York
%D December 1994	
%G 0-06-105414-3
%O pb; US$4.99
%S The X-Files		
%V 1

[email-masked]