Subject: Review: The Shadow Of Albion by Norton and Edgehill

From: Harriet Klausner <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Mar 1999 17:46:18 -0500

THE SHADOW OF ALBION by Andre Norton & Rosemary Edgehill
	Review Copyright 1999 Harriet Klausner

    On an alternate earth where magic exists, Charles II - on his deathbed
- admits that he married his mistress.  This makes the Duke of Monmouth
the king as opposed to Charles' brother James.  The Stuart line continues
to rule and the American colonies remain part of the British Empire.
Napoleon still plans to rule Europe, however.
    The Marchioness of Roxbury is near death, but still has a crucial role
to play in the future of England.  Practitioners of the magic arts manage
to switch Roxbury's body with that of Sarah Cunningham, a colonial
residing on our Earth.  Sarah forgets her past life, believing she is
Roxbury.  England's spymaster, the Duke of Essex, reluctantly plans to
marry her because he needs a Duchess to help him with the bride to be of
the Prince Regent.  The duo go from complete indifference to strong
passion, but their future is in jeopardy, as they must travel through the
heart of the lands controlled by their hated enemy.
    THE SHADOWS OF ALBION melds the incredible talents of two great
authors to produce a novel deemed to be a classic.  Fantasy, intrigue, and
romance merge in a spectacular way that will elate fans of all three
genres and fiction lovers in general.  Readers will want more novels
starring the delightful couple in future adventures. There is a new talent
abroard and Rosemary Edgehill is her name.  She is a worthy successor to
Andre Norton as well as a brilliant storyteller in her own right.

Harriet Klausner 
  
%T THE SHADOW OF ALBION
%A Andre Norton
%A Rosemary Edgehill
%I Tor
%D Apr 1999
%O $23.95
%P 352 pp.
%G ISBN 0-312-86927-2