Subject: QUANTUM MOON by Denise Vitola

From: "Evelyn C Leeper" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Dec 1996 19:57:55 GMT

QUANTUM MOON by Denise Vitola
                   A book review by Evelyn C. Leeper
		     Copyright 1997 Evelyn C. Leeper

     At first, this sounded like a really cobbled-together idea--a werewolf
detective in a future of a world-wide dictatorship: the United World
Government.  But, strangely enough, it works.

     Ty Merrick is a detective in a rather run-down future, or at least run-
down for the masses of the people. The rich are. of course, still rich.  The
title might make you think this book uses some high-tech physics concept,
but it's really just a reference to a new drug called quantum.  Okay, so
that makes this just another drug-running story, and telling any more of the
story is perhaps unnecessary, but having the detective be a werewolf, and a
female werewolf at that, gives it just enough of a twist to make it worth
reading.  It's not great, but as a first novel it shows promise.

%T      Quantum Moon
%A      Denise Vitola
%C      New York
%D      August 1996
%I      Ace
%O      paperback, US$5.99
%G      ISBN 0-441-00357-5
%P      279pp

Evelyn C. Leeper    |  [email-masked]
+1 908 957 2070     |  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4824
"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."
--Jorge Luis Borges