Subject: Review: Manjinn Moon by Denise Vitola

From: [email-masked] (Harriet Klausner)
Date: 16 Mar 1998 12:24:07 -0500

MANJINN MOON by Denise Vitola
	Review Copyright 1998 Harriet Klausner

    Earth no longer consists of multitude of governments ever since a
cunning dictator, espousing humanitarianism, created a single totalitarian
entity.  The twenty-first century is not a comfortable time.  Electrical
outages are common and increasing numbers of people are forced to live in
tent cities and cardboard boxes.  The government controls every aspect of
life.  Marshal Ty Merrick, a government police officer, sees first-hand
how the people are controlled and manipulated.
    Ty, a lycanthrope, is in charge of discovering who assassinated three
government psychic agents, a unit that spied on the people through their
collective minds.  The Office of Intelligence wants the perpetrator
quickly found, but Ty realizes that this is probably an inside job.  The
problem is that the killer is a rogue operative who believes he is the
dreaded Manjinn, an immortal demon unanswerable to humans
    MANJINN MOON is the perfect blending of mystery and science fiction
with a few paranormal elements sprinkled on top of the exciting story
line.  This appealing cross-genre novel will gather Denise Vitola a large
fan base that will perceive that the book is on the cutting edge of
literature.  Ms. Vitola has extrapolated the current world-wide social and
economic conditions into a stunning novel of warning that should be the
opening act of a fantastic series.

%T MANJINN MOON
%A Denise Vitola
%I Ace
%O US $4.99
%P 272 pp.
%D Apr 1998
%G ISBN: 0-441-00521-7

Harriet Klausner