Subject: Book Review - Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson)

From: "Danny Yee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 19:51:02 GMT

title: Snow Crash
        by: Neal Stephenson
 publisher: Bantam Books 1992
  subjects: science fiction
     other: 468 pages

_Snow Crash_ is a fact-paced, near-future, cyberpunk thriller.  Neither its
technology -- cybernetic dogs, portable nuclear-powered gatling guns,
ancient Sumerian neuro-linguistic programming --, its politics -- a
libertarian world where the Mafia deliver pizzas and the Library of Congress
has merged with the Central Intelligence Agency to form a public company --,
or its plot (the principal characters have a superhero-like immunity to
being hit when people shoot at them) withstand close inspection, but it's a
lot of fun.  _Snow Crash's_ biggest virtue is that it doesn't take itself at
all seriously.

%T	Snow Crash
%A	Neal Stephenson
%I	Bantam Books
%C	New York
%D	1992
%O	paperback
%G	ISBN 0-553-56261-4
%P	468pp
%K	science fiction

Danny Yee ([email-masked])
26 August 1995
     Copyright (c) 1995 Danny Yee  |  230 reviews available at
     http://www.anatomy.su.oz.au/danny/book-reviews/index.html