Subject: "Transcendence" by Charles Sheffield

From: [email-masked] (Rex Croft)
Date: 21 May 93 02:10:04 GMT

"Transcendence" by Charles Sheffield
				- reviewed by Rex Croft  [email-masked]

Highly recommended.  SciFi in the grand universe spanning tradition.

This is the third book in "The Heritage Universe", the first two being
called "Summertide" and "Divergence".

We have a galaxy populated by huge artificial constructs created by a long
gone alien race.  I must admit to enjoying plots involving ancient artefacts
and humans exploring them.  Another series that comes to mind is the
"Heeshee Trilogy" by Pohl.

In this book, our intrepid explorers (including some intriguing aliens),
have to track down the Zardalu that were released from stasis in the
previous book.

A great mixture of science, wonder and adventure.  As I mentioned before,
you can't go wrong buying a book by Charles Sheffield.

%A  Charles Sheffield
%T  Transcendence
%I  Del Rey
%C  New York
%D  April 1993
%O  paperback, US$4.99
%P  293 pp.
%G  0-345-36982-3
%S  The Heritage Universe
%V  3