Subject: "Archangel Blues" by Eluki bes Shahar

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 May 93 14:16:58 GMT

"Archangel Blues" by Eluki bes Shahar
				- reviewed by Rex Croft  [email-masked]

Rush out and buy this series!  It is great space opera.  I feel we should
support new authors of this caliber.  I don't know anything at all about the
author and there is no little note at the back of the book describing him/her.
Perhaps someone in net-land could post some information on this exciting
author.

This is the last of the _Hellflower_ series, and it really does end - unlike
some series :-) .

I originally chose to buy this book because the short summary I saw
mentioned artificial intelligences, which do indeed feature prominently.

The books are about the adventures of Butterflies-are-free Peace Sincere,
a darktrader (smuggler), and a young Hellflower (a warrior race of humans).
Also involved is her spaceship's navigation computer which turns out to be
a Library (an AI).  A 1000 years ago the Libraries decided that humans were
surplus and a large war resulted.  Now Libraries are banned; dealing with
them is punishable by death.  All three of them are involved in a galactic
power struggle and in this book try to stop a galactic war.

"Good space adventure, an entertaining series of mysteries to be resolved,
 and an interesting invented slang to add color."
				- Science Fiction Chronicle

Normally made up future slang detracts from a book, but in this series it
adds colour and is relatively easy to understand.

I hightly recommend this series.  I will definitely be buying other books
by this author.

%A  Eluki bes Shahar
%T  Archangel Blues
%I  DAW
%C  New York
%D  February 1993
%O  paperback, US$4.50
%P  252 pp.
%G  0-88677-543-4
%S  Hellflower
%V  3
%O  Cover art by Nick Jainschigg
%O  DAW Book Collection No. 904
%O  Book 1 is called _Hellflower_ and book 2 is _Darktraders_