Subject: Quickie Review: Pratchett: Only You Can Save Mankind

From: [email-masked] (Lynn Alford)
Date: 22 Dec 93 06:08:38 GMT

Just spotted and bought from the local bookstore, Only You Can Save
Mankind.  Having read the blurb on the back, this book may be unique in
having a blurb that a) accurately reflects the contents of the book and
b) doesn't tell more then you wanted to know about the plot.

Our hero starts playing the newest, latest, greatest computer game yet
devised.  He reaches what is supposed to be a climatic encounter when he
gets a message "We surrender."  This isn't mentioned in the manual!  So
what happens when the game villan gives up?

The book is a light read, it doesn't take long to finish.  The idea is
quite good, and the book is fun to read.  It will bring new meaning to
the phrase "It's only a game" and you will learn the fate of those poor
aliens in computer games.

Lynn
--
[email-masked]     | Lead us not into frustration, and deliver us
was [email-masked]  | from power surges.  For thine is the algorithm,
[email-masked]      | the application, and the solution, looping 
***send email now***send email now*** Subliminal message