Subject: Sharon McCrumb: Zombies of the Gene Pool

From: [email-masked] (Dani Zweig)
Date: 26 Jul 92 00:53:07 GMT

Thank goodness for libraries!  I'd hate to have actually spent money
for this book.  "Zombies of the Gene Pool" continues the fannish adventures
of Jay "Bimboes of the Death Sun" Omega, now at a reunion of once-young
science fiction authors -- some of whom have gone on to success and some
of whom have not.

There isn't much of a plot.  The story is mostly a vehicle for poking
fun at science fiction authors (none of whom bear any resemblance at all to
any actual authors, oh no!) and -- to a far lesser extent than last time --
science fiction fandom.

Once again there is a murder to solve.  It's different from the last one
in that the police would have solved this one quickly and routinely.  And
in that Omega's playing detective doesn't do *quite* as much harm this time.

Give this one a miss!

-----
Dani Zweig
[email-masked]

"The death of God left the angels in a strange position."
	--Internal documentation, programmer unknown