Subject: Review: Nimisha's Ship, by Anne McCaffrey

From: Harriet Klausner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 00:41:47 GMT

Nimisha's Ship, by Anne McCaffrey
	Review Copyright 1998 Harriet Klausner

On Vega III, Lady Nimisha Boynton-Rondymense has lived an indulged life as
befitting the daughter of Lord Tionel, owner of the Rondymense ship yards.
Though Nimisha had just about everything she wants growing up, she enjoyed
taking apart and rebuilding mechanical and robotic items. However, her
idyllic existence abruptly ends when her father suddenly dies. 

To the shock of everyone, Nimisha takes charge of the family business, but
most people accept the change in leadership. That is except Lord Vestin, who
expected to inherit the ship yards. Nimisha continues to succeed with
experimental models until a test flight goes astray, stranding her
light-years from her home. Vestin, encouraged by his mother, sees the
opportunity to obtain what he feel has always been rightfully his. All he
has to is eliminate Nimisha's daughter, a chip off the old block. 

NIMISHA'S SHIP is the opening novel in Anne McCaffrey's new science fiction
series. The exciting story line has the usual McCaffrey thread of non-stop
action running through it. Though Nimisha is a splendid lead protagonist,
the villains do not come across as dangerous as readers expect from the
Mistress of Pern. Still, a science fiction novel by the incompatible Ms.
McCaffrey is always a winning treat and readers will relish and crave the
next book.

Harriet Klausner

%T Nimisha's Ship
%A Anne McCaffrey
%I Del Rey
%D Feb 1999
%O $25.00
%P 400 pp.
%G ISBN 345-38825-9