Subject: _Bones of the Past_, by Holly Lisle

From: Sean Eric Fagan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1993 15:38:36 GMT

_Bones of the Past_ is a sequel to _Fires in the Mist_, Holly Lisle's first
book.

Her second book was a collaboration with Mercedes Lackey, called _When the
Bough Breaks_, and was wonderful.  _Fires_ was ... not really memorable.

_Bones_ is the same.  While reading it, I got the impression, quite a few
times, that Lisle really is a *good* writer -- but her plots are boring.
Which would explain why _Bough_ was so good, in that someone else came up
with the plot, or at least helped her with it.

I'm putting Holly Lisle on my "buy" list, but only tentatively.  I sincerely
hope she gets better at plotting, or does more collaborations.

I'd give _Bones_ a +1 on a -5 to +5 scale.  The writing was good, but the
story really wasn't that interesting or well done.

%A Holly Lisle
%T _Bones of the Past_
%G ISBN 0-671-72160-7
%P 318pp
%I Baen Fantasy