Subject: Review: Teek by Steven Krane

From: "Aaron M. Renn" <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Sep 1999 21:38:16 -0400

Teek by Steven Krane
	Review Copyright (c) 1999 Aaron M. Renn

Conclusion: Worth Reading

Someone else who reviewed this book compared it to an X-Files episode sans
Mulder and Sculley.  I'd have to concur with that assessment.  A sinister
quasi-government organization similar to the Syndicate has been conducting
breeding and medical experiments on people with psi powers.  Allison Boyle
was a teenage girl who was born to two parents who used to work for that
organization but quit years ago.  She was conceived and raised in secret
because both parents had the genes for psi powers, and they knew that the
organization would want her for their experiments.

Well, the bad guys find out about her of course, and her fight to get away
from them is what the book is about.  It's interesting, but hardly great,
and a bit too long for my taste.  This is a classic "once read" - I'm not
sorry I bought it, but I'll never pick it up again.

Note: Steven Krane appears to be a thinly disguided pseudonym for
Steven A. Swiniarski.

%A Krane, Steven
%T Teek
%I Daw
%D 1999-08
%G ISBN 0-88677-846-8
%P 377 pp.
%0 mass market paperback, US$6.99

Reviewed on 1999-09-04

-- 
Aaron M. Renn ([email-masked]) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/