Subject: Review: Blue Moon, by Hamilton

From: [email-masked] (HKlaus6073)
Date: 09 Sep 1998 20:33:06 -0400

BLUE MOON by Laurell K. Hamilton
	Review Copyright 1998 Harriet Klausner

    High school teacher and alpha werewolf Richard Zeiman is unable to
cope with observing his former lover, zombie raiser and vampire
executioner Anita Blake, in the arms of his rival, Jean Claude, master
vampire of St. Louis.  Richard leaves town to compete his thesis on
preternatural biology.  However, he selects the wrong town to study the
Smokey Mountain troll because no one welcomes him in the area.  Instead,
the police frame him with the alleged raping of a local girl.
    When Anita learns that Richard has been incarcerated, she has no
doubts of his innocence.  She immediately flies to Tennessee to arrange
bail.  She also ascertains that someone covets the land that the trolls
currently inhabit and that individual is willing to exterminate the beings
to obtain their desires.  Like old times Richard, Anita, and some of her
supernatural pals work together in an effort to discover whom is the
person performing the evil deeds in this small Tennessee town.
    One of the most endearing aspects of a Laurell K. Hamilton novel is
that the reader can never guess the direction the story line is going to
lead the reader to as the characters can end up in any situation.  This is
true of BLUE MOON, a first rate work fiction, that has appeal to mystery,
fantasy, and horror fans.  However, this particular work will appeal to a
mainstream audience because it includes a maturing on the heroine's part
as she learns that she does not have all of life's answers.  It will be
easier to believe in vampires and werewolves than wait for the next tale
in this terrific series.

Harriet Klausner

%T BLUE MOON
%A Laurell K. Hamilton
%I Ace
%D Nov 1998
%O $6.99
%P 415 pp.
%G ISBN 0-441-00574-8