Subject: "Dragons on the Town" by Thorarinn Gunnarsson

From: Rex Croft <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 04:34:55 GMT

"Dragons on the Town" by Thorarinn Gunnarsson
- reviewed by Rex Croft  [email-masked]

This is the third volume in the fantasy adventure series consisting of "Make
Way for Dragons!" (which I haven't read) and "Humans, Beware!".

It is a humourous combination of magic, dragons and humans.

There are several worlds connected by magic portals with dragons being the
major magic users.  If you want to know how Jenny Barker, the Californian
girl, lost her body and is now sharing a young dragon body with Vajerral,
then you will have to read volume two.

In this latest book they go to New York to find Sherlock Holmes (the real
one) so that he can help them track down Jenny's body.  They end up in a war
in a weird universe.  They travel in a flying sailing ship.

The dragons are interestingly portrayed.  Quite different.  An enjoyable
fantasy adventure.

The book cover has an intriguing picture of a dragon looking over the
shoulder of Sherlock Holmes who looks through a magnifying glass at Jenny
who is holding a skateboard.  They are on a city street.

Thorarinn Gunnarsson has also written the excellent Starwolves series.  This
is a space opera adventure featuring the genetically bred starwolves who
have four arms and can withstand 50 gravities, which makes them excellent
space fighter pilots.  I have all four volumes, although the latest is on my
shelf waiting to be read.

%A  Thorarinn Gunnarsson
%T  Dragons on the Town
%I  ACE
%C  New York
%D  December 1992
%O  paperback, US$4.99
%P  295 pp.
%S  Dragons
%V  3
%O  Cover art by Walter Velez