Subject: Review: I, Strahd - P.N. Elrod

From: [email-masked] (Lilith)
Date: 09 Apr 1998 14:10:26 -0400

I, Strahd: The Memoirs of a Vampire by P.N. Elrod
	Review Copyright 1998 althea

A vampire hunter sneaks into the castle of Lord Strahd, believing that the
vampire is in hibernation. He finds a book which seems to be the personal
journal of the vampire, and begins to read... The most cliched story of
vampirism I have ever come across.

Every bad vampire movie stand-by is here, all the old rules apply, and
nothing is surprising. The illustrations reflect this, showing a fanged
figure in a high-necked cloak, usually surrounded by some typical "gothic
horror" type scene. The prose is simple and juvenile.

This book is undoubtedly aimed at teen vampire role-players. To them, I
say: Go read _Dracula_.

-althea

%T I, Strahd: The Memoirs of a Vampire
%A P.N. Elrod
%I TSR
%D 1993
%P 309 p.