Subject: BLOODCIRCLE by P.N. Elrod Book Review by C. Douglas Baker

From: [email-masked] (cb52)
Date: 11 Mar 94 01:13:58 GMT

BLOODCIRCLE by P.N. Elrod
                 Book Review by C. Douglas Baker
                     [Spoiler for LIFEBLOOD]

     BLOODCIRCLE, Book Three of the Vampire Files, literally
picks up right where Book Two, LIFEBLOOD left off.  After
surviving his encounter with Gaylen, Maureen's diabolical and
homicidal sister, Jack Fleming is found working his hypnotic
magic on an initially recalcitrant police official to get out
jail.  Once on the loose, Fleming and Charles Escott go in search
of Maureen, Fleming's long lost lover.

     Fleming and Escott's search for Maureen is the sole focus of
BLOODCIRCLE.  Their search leads them to the vampire Jonathan
Barrett, Maureen's former lover who she turned to for help after
her sister escaped from a mental institution placing Maureen in
mortal danger.  Little did Maureen expect that she would face
danger from less likely quarters.  Nor do Jack and Escott, for
awhile anyway.  Their encounter with Barrett leads to two murders
and two attempted murders.  And yes, Fleming gets his skull
smashed in again (a quite unhealthy habit).  Once again Escott
plays the Sherlockian role as he pieces together the information
he and Fleming gather along to the way to discover who wants
Fleming dead (again) and why.  Eventually the entire mystery,
including that of Maureen, is solved.  I wonder what Elrod will
do for Book Four?

     If you liked the first two books in The Vampire Files then
BLOODCIRCLE is definitely for you.  Then again, if you did not
like the first two books you probably will not read this review
or BLOODCIRCLE.

%T Bloodcircle
%A P.N. Elrod
%C New York
%D 1990
%I Ace  $3.95 (pbk)
%G ISBN 0-441-06717-4 (pbk)
%P 202      

C. DOUGLAS BAKER
Email: [email-masked]