Subject: _Clash of Star-Kings_ by Avram Davidson

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 02:09:08 GMT

The gods of the Aztecs and of the Olmecs were aliens
who have been gone awhile and have just returned.  The
descendants of the Aztecs and Olmecs are at odds with one another
and with the Mexican government over something in which both
groups of aliens are interested, and a couple of American writers living
in the small town of Los Remedios get mixed up in the business as well.
  The plot wasn't new when the book was written and it seems even
more cliched now, but the writing is, as usual with Davidson,
excellent, and the characterizations both of the Mexicans and
Americans are good.  I would recommend it to anybody who
enjoys Davidson's style; it's good, though not his best.

%A Davidson, Avram
%T Clash of Star-Kings
%I Ace
%C New York
%D 1966
%G ISBN 0-441-11050-9
%P 150pp
%O Probably out of print.
%K SF aliens mythology Mexico

 * SLMR 2.1a * Internet: [email-masked]