Subject: All About Anderson's _Time Patrol_

From: [email-masked] (Carlton Brown)
Date: 17 Mar 1994 23:33:31 GMT

Since I've seen other queries about Poul Anderson's _Time Patrol_, I'm 
posting an excerpt of a message I received from Mr. Patrick Nielsen 
Hayden, a senior editor at Tor Books.

Many Thanks to all the Anderson fans who answered my initial query!

W. Carlton Brown		* No man shuns his doom *
[email-masked]

################### BEGIN EXCERPT #########################

THE TIME PATROL (our volume, not the long out-of-print SF Book Club volume 
of the same name) is an omnibus of several works, including one substantial 
new work.  We published it in hardcover in 1991 and in trade paperback about 
a week ago.  (Copies should be arriving on bookstore shelves soon.)

The omnibus consists of:

All the stories in the old collection THE GUARDIANS OF TIME (now o.p.)
All the stories in the early-'80s collection TIME PATROLMAN (now o.p.)

The YA [sic] novel THE YEAR OF THE RANSOM, previously published only in 
hardcover by Walker & Company

A new 50,000-word novel of Manse Everard and the Time Patrol,
        STAR OF THE SEA

This volume plus THE SHIELD OF TIME will give you the entire Time Patrol series.

-----
Patrick Nielsen Hayden : [email-masked]
senior editor, Tor Books : opinions mine

############## END EXCERPT #####################################