Subject: Author Lists: Elizabeth Scarborough

From: [email-masked] (John C Wenn)
Date: 9 Mar 92 03:46:10 GMT

I've read a couple of Elizabeth Scarborough's light fantasies (I think 
they were Song of Sorcery & The Unicorn Creed) and frankly I thought 
they sucked.  Her two serious fantasies, however, I really enjoyed.  
The Healer's War is the story of a Vietnam nurse.  The tone is much 
darker, and the characterization is much richer than her previous 
novels.  The novel is at least partially auto-biographical, since 
Elizabeth Scarborough *was* a nurse in Vietnam.  Nothing Sacred 
continues in this vein, being the story of American soldiers in the 
21st century captured in Tibet and kept in a mysterious prisoner of war 
camp.  A sequel is promised for Nothing Sacred.  Given how that novel 
ends, it will be interesting to see the direction the next novel takes.

[O] == Omnibus.  Includes other books.

/John

arpa: [email-masked]

afreesocietyisonewhereitissafetobeunpopular-ly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Scarborough, Elizabeth (Ann)	(U.S.A., 3/23/1947- )	Fantasia
		Galactica
	(Nebula 1989)

Series
	The Argonia Series
		Song of Sorcery (1982)
		The Unicorn Creed (1983)
			[O/2N= Songs From the Seashell Archives: Vol. I (1987)]
		Bronwyn's Bane (1983)
		The Christening Quest (1985)
			[O/2N= Songs From the Seashell Archives: Vol. II (1988)]

	The Songkiller Saga
		Phantom Banjo (1991)
		Picking the Ballad's Bones (1991)

The Drastic Dragon of Draco, Texas (1986)
The Goldcamp Vampire (1987)
The Harem of Aman Akbar (1984)
The Healer's War (1988) [Nebula]
Nothing Sacred (1991)

Nonfiction
An Interview with a Vietnam Nurse (1989)