Subject: Re: The Disc World (What Terry said)

From: [email-masked] (Kimota!)
Date: 3 Jul 89 11:36:07 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Simon E Spero) writes:
> Quote from Terry Pratchett on why there is no map of the Discworld-
> 	" I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't really exist."
> 
> He has also said that entire continents are liable to move without notice
> if it  gives a better punchline.
> 
> By the way, I wouldn't say that UU was the Vatican- the image suggested to
> me is of an Oxbridge college..

We (the Dublin University Science Fiction Society) had Terry over to give us 
a talk last December. We brought him out for a meal in TCD itself in a real 
old building with loads of paintings on the walls of the ex-Provosts of
Trinity. It was the usual B******t "College" dinner (y'know Latin prayers
before and after the meal etc. etc.) and his one reaction to the place was
"This is exactly what I always imagined the Great Hall in UU is like".

BTW there isn't really any point in trying to draw a map of the Discworld
because the world changes between each book. As Terry said the question he
is most commonly asked by 12-14 year olds wearing glasses is "On page 137
of such and such a book you say this and yet on page 144 in this book you say 
the opposite, how can this happen????" and his favourite reply is "Fuck off!".

		Says it all don't ya think??

		Y'all take it easy y'hear.

****		Rorschach aka. QUINCH aka.                                 ****
****			[email-masked] 	                           ****