Subject: Author Lists: William Morris

From: [email-masked] (John C Wenn)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1992 14:32:57 GMT

William Morris is one of the important late 19th / early 20th century
fantasy writers.  Lord Dunsany and George MacDonald are two others.  He
was one of the first to set his fantasies in a completely imaginary
world.  Her prose style is purposefully archaic, but for those with a
taste for it, his books are wonderful.  Good place to start would be
_The Water of the Wondrous Isles_ or _The Well at the World's End_.

[C] == Story Collection.

/John

arpa: [email-masked]

bewareofprogrammerscarryingscrewdrivers-ly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Morris, William	(U.K., 3/24/1834-10/3/1896)	Fantasia

Child Christopher and Goldilind the Fair (1895) [Forgotten Fantasy Library
	#12]
A Dream of John Ball (1915)
A Dream of John Ball; and, A King's Lesson (1888) [C]
Early Romances (1924) [C]
The Early Romances of William Morris in Prose and Verse (1907) [C]
Gertha's Lovers (1905)
Golden Wings and Other Stories (1904) [Forgotten Fantasy Library #8]
Golden Wings; Svend and His Brethern (1904) [C]
The Hollow Land (1897)
The Hollow Land and Other Contributions to the Oxford and Cambridge 
	Magazine (1903) [C]
News from Nowhere (1890)
Prose and Poetry (1913) [C]
The Roots of the Mountains (1889) [Forgotten Fantasy Library #19]
Selections from the Prose Works of William Morris (1932) [C]
Stories in Prose, Stories in Verse, Shorter Poems, Lectures and Essays 
	(1934) [C]
The Story of the Glittering Plain (1891)
The Story of the Unknown Church (1904)
The Sundering Flood (1897) [Ballantine Adult Fantasy (#57)]
Svend and His Brethern (1901)
A Tale of the House of the Wolfing and All the Kindreds of the Marks (1888)
	[Forgotten Fantasy Library #16]
Three Works by William Morris; A Dream of John Ball; The Pilgrims of Hope;
	News from Nowhere (1968) [C]
The Water of the Wondrous Isles (1897) [Ballantine Adult Fantasy (#38)]
The Well at the World's End (1896) [Ballantine Adult Fantasy (#20,21)]
William Morris (1923) [C]
William Morris: Selected Writings and Designs (1962) [C]
The Wood Beyond the World (1894) [Ballantine Adult Fantasy (#3)]

with John Martin
	The Wolf's Head and the Queen (1931)

Nonfiction
(plus over 30 nonfiction books)