Subject: Author Lists: James Kahn

From: [email-masked] (John C Wenn)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1992 14:27:53 GMT

The only James Kahn I've read is the "New World" trilogy.  The first
novel is a very good novel set in a unique future.  It contains all
manner of  fantasy creatures: vampires, centaurs, griffins, dragons,
hobbits, giant butterflies and other myths and legends, but the story
is Science Fiction (not Fantasy).  I'll leave out the rationale to
avoid spoilers.  The story concerns the quest of a human scribe and a
centaur trying to find their kidnapped family.  The second book is a
continuation of the first.  When I first heard their was going to be a
third one, I said "no way".  The end of the second leaves absolutely no
room for a standard sequel.  And _Time Fall_ is not a standard sequel.
It continues the story and has several of the same characters
(sort-of), but in a weird way.  Still, I think the entire trilogy is
worth reading.

[O] == Omnibus.  Includes other books.

/John

arpa: [email-masked]

everythingalwaystakestwiceaslongandcostsfourtimesasmuchasyouplanned-ly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Kahn, James	(U.S.A., 12/30/1947- )

Series
	New World
		World Enough, And Time (1980)
		Time's Dark Laughter (1982)
		Time Fall (1987)

Media Tie-In
The Goonies (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Poltergeist (1982)
Poltergeist II (1986)
Return of the Jedi (1983)

with Alan Dean Foster and Donald Glut
	The Star Wars Trilogy (1987) [O/3N=
		Star Wars (1976) [by Alan Dean Foster as George Lucas]
		The Empire Strikes Back (1980) [by Donald Glut]
		Return of the Jedi (1983) [by James Kahn]]

Non-Genre Fiction
Diagnosis: Murder (1978)
The Echo Vector (1988)

with Jerome McGann
	Nerves in Patterns (1978) [C/poetry]