Subject: Author Lists: Suzy McKee Charnas

From: [email-masked] (John C Wenn)
Date: 8 Mar 92 23:43:44 GMT

I've read two Suzy McKee Charnas books, 'The Vampire Tapestry' & 'The 
Bronze  King'.  The Vampire Tapestry is an above average vampire novel, 
more fantasy  than horror.  It ignores many of the traditional vampire 
attributes  (daylight, garlic, mirrors, coffins) for a tale of a human 
looking predator  living within but apart from the human community.   
The Bronze King is a fun  tale of two kids stumbling onto magical goings 
on in New York City.  If you  think that it sounds something like Diane 
Duane's Wizard series, you're  right.  I personally prefer Diane Duane, 
but they are both good stories.

[CB] == Chapbook.  (A small booklet or pamphlet).
[O] == Omnibus.  Includes other books.
[YA] == The book is for young adults (however you define them).

/John

arpa: [email-masked]

theringsofsaturnarecomposedentirelyoflostairlineluggage-ly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Charnas, Suzy McKee	(U.S.A., 10/22/1939- )
	(Hugo 1990, Nebula 1980)

Series
	Holdfast
		Walk to the End of the World (1974)
		Motherlines (1979)
			[O/2N= (1989)]

	Sorcery Hall [YA]
		The Bronze King (1985)
		The Silver Glove (1988)
		The Golden Thread (1989)

Dorothea Dreams (1986)
"Listening to Brahms" (1991) [CB] [Pulphouse SS #19]
The Vampire Tapestry (1980)