Subject: Author Lists: Jonathan Carroll

From: [email-masked] (John C Wenn)
Date: 8 Mar 92 23:40:33 GMT

Ah, yes, Jonathan Carroll.  Jonathan Carroll is one of the best literary  
fantasy writers in the field today.  John Crowley, Gene Wolfe (when he 
does  fantasy) and James Blaylock are other top fantasists (although 
Blaylock isn't  quite my taste).  As you can see many of his books are 
set in the same  universe.  If you pay attention, you'll see major 
characters from one book  reappear as minor characters in others.  I've 
found the result of reading the  series to be cumulative, with one book 
adding to the effect of the others.   I'ld recommend 'Bones of the Moon' 
as a good introduction to Carroll. 

/John

arpa: [email-masked]

upwardcompatiblemeanswegettokeepallouroldmistakes-ly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Carroll, Jonathan	(U.S.A., 1/26/1949- )

Series
	__________Series
		Bones of the Moon (1987)
		Sleeping in Flame (1988)
		A Child Across the Sky (1989)
		Black Cocktail (1990)
		Outside the Dog Museum (1991)

The Land of Laughs (1980)
Voice of Our Shadow (1983)