- LPMUD Name:
- Open Since:
November 1989 (current version October 1991)
Temporary site: hamal2.cs.chalmers.se
- IP Address:
- Port Number/s:
- Hours open:
- Registration Requirements:
- Contact Person/s:
- Driver/Server version:
- Game/Mudlib version:
- Release information:
This is the development site for the CD gamedriver and the CDLIB mudlib.
- Machine Type:
- Machine Memory:
- Machine Disks:
- Machine OS:
- Typical CPU Load by LPMUD:
- Typical Memory Load by LPMUD:
Max limit 40 Mbytes.
- Typical CPU Load by other users:
- Typical Memory Load by other users:
- Disk space free on host machine:
- Disk space used by entire LPMUD:
100 Mbytes (includes a number of support programs)
- Disk space used by documentation:
Estimated 10 Mbytes.
- Disk space used by driver/server:
- Disk space used by game/mudlib:
Estimated 8 Mbytes
- Disk space used by wizards only:
Estimated 50 Mbytes
- Total number of player characters:
- Average number of players online:
- Total number of wizard characters:
- Average number of wizards online:
- Total Number of Quests Available:
Unknown. Estimate 50-100.
- General Information about Quests:
Quests are not mandatory for wizardhood, but the profit from fighting
declines if you don't solve them. Quests are not centrally registered.
- Number of Quests Required for Levels:
- Number of Quests Required for Wizardhood:
- Minimum Experience Required for Wizardhood:
- Player Advancement beyond/instead of Wizardhood:
- Number/type of available genders:
- Number/type of available classes:
- Number/type of available guilds:
- Number/type of available skills:
- Number/type of available races:
Human, elf, hobbit, gnome, dwarf, goblin.
Pure medieval fantasy.
- Primary Orientation:
Balanced, with a bit more emphasis on quests, and a bit less on social
aspects. Emphasis on being a challenging game.
- Policy on Player Killing:
Not encouraged, not prohibited.
- Policy on Individual Privacy:
Encouraged, but not guaranteed.
- Policy on Multiple Characters:
Allowed, as long as only one character is in the game at any one time.
- Policy on Player/Wizard Interactions:
Communication is encouraged. Wizards helping or harming players strictly
- Policy on Wizard Coding/Approval of areas, objects, etc:
All wizards code in domains. Quality reviews take place, but are not
mandatory for opening.
- Policy on Individual Castles:
Individual castles don't exist. Genesis is built on cooperation.
- Policy on Coding Style:
One elaborate room is better than 5 sketchy.
- Policy on Making Wizard:
Play your way, or become a madwand wizard. Each domain is allowed one
madwand wizard. The domain lord can recruit any mortal as a madwand, and
has the power to return the madwand to mortal status. The admins
occasionally promote a worthy madwand to normal wizard status.
Inactive wizards are deleted.
- Policy on General Rules:
Outline rules are posted.
- Policy on Disciplinary Actions:
Assholes are demoted without compunction. Some people get a second chance,
if the admins are in a benevolent mood.
- Policy on Retension/Reimbursment:
Major problems are restored.
- Policy on "Wimpy":
Random, at settable damage level.
If you want a challenge, play Genesis.